The Nigerian Civil Defence Recruitment 2021/2022. Here in this recruitment article, we shall be providing you with vital information concerning the NSCDC recruitment portal 2021, the requirements, its qualifications, method on how to apply, as well as other related information you might want to know is on this web page. There is other ongoing government recruitment in Nigeria you may be interested in.
Have you been in search of the Nigerian Civil Defence Recruitment for the year 2021? Are you also interested in becoming a member of the Security and Civil Defence Corps in Nigeria? If that is the case, then you have to follow all highlighted instructions on this web page in other to apply.
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) happens to a para-military agency that was established by the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and was commissioned to provide great measures against threat as well as any form of attack from and within the borders of the nation.
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps were first introduced in the year 1967. It was then known as Lagos Civil Defence Committee. It was later engineered into the present-day Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps in 1970.
The main mission of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps is to develop great structures as well as training strategies that will contribute to national security by making use of modern technology. Below are some functions of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.
- The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps Detect and demarcate any dangerous area.
- They assist in the maintenance of the nation of peace and order as well as the protection and rescuing of the nation’s population at the time of emergency.
- Also, seal up any privately owned guard company that has been without a government-approved, valid license.
- They assist in the disbursement of emergency supplies across the country.
- Provide necessary and sane warning for the civilian population within the country in times of danger.
- They also provide intelligence information to the organization on any matter concerning to crime control, revolt, religious unrest, disorder, strike, riot, or any other matter.
- Furthermore, they assist the State and Federal Fire Service in Fire-fighting operations.
- Also, they carry out rescue missions as well as control volatile situations.
- Evacuate the nation’s population from dangerous areas.
- They equally maintain twenty-four-hour surveillance across all infrastructures, sites as well as projects for both the Federal, State and the Local Government.
Directorates of the NSCDC includes;
- The Directorate of Administration
- Secondly, the Directorate of Disaster & Crisis Management
- The Directorate of Intelligence & Investigation
- Furthermore, the Directorate of Operations
- The Directorate of Technical Services
- Lastly, the Directorate of Critical Infrastructure & National assets
General Requirements for the Civil Defence Recruitment
Below are the basic requirements outlined on the Nigeria Civil Defence Recruitment portal. Therefore, you must first meet all the requirements to be shortlisted among the successful candidates.
- All applicants must first be Nigerian Citizens by nationality or by birth
- Secondly, all applicants must be medically and mentally fit
- Applicants must be skilled in computer application
- Present a valid birth certificate or an age declaration
- All eligible applicants must be at least 18 and 30 years of age
- Must possess the required qualifications and other professional certificates
- Also, applicants should be financially stable.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of four (4) credits in not more than two (2) sittings in WASSCE, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB.
- Eligible applicant’s chest measurement should not be less than 0.87 for men
- All applicants should not have any of the outlined problems: stammering, communicable diseases, mental problems, ear problem, sight problems, or any physical disabilities.
- Any form of tattoos or inscriptions on the body is not allowed.
- Candidates shall not belong to any kind of secret society, fraternity, cult.
- Also, all applicants should not be involved in any unwarranted activities in the past
- Applicants should be willing to work in any new environment
- Applicants must be physically fit and present the certificate of medical fitness from a recognized Government hospital.
How to Apply for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps Recruitment
For you to apply for the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps NSCDC recruitment, you must follow the steps outlined below.
- Firstly, log on to the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps official portal through https://nscdc.gov.ng
- Secondly, follow all the instructions in the portal
- Then, tap on career
- Sign up for a recruitment account if you don’t have any
- Make sure you read through and follow all the instructions carefully
- Furthermore, applicants should provide all the basic information
- Then verify all your filled information
- Lastly, submit the application
Finally, all successful candidates would be invited for a recruitment screening test. The date and screening centres would be sent to you via E-mail.